For more information, please follow the Crop Solutions UK link below:
- Designed to protect fruit & vegetable crops from insect attacks, but also gives protection from birds, rabbits, possums and deer.
- The net creates a micro climate by giving shelter to the crop, but it only increases the temperature by 1-2 degrees centigrade.
- Constructed with a 4 layer double sewn join, these nets should last for at least 8-10 years.
- Unlike fleece, insect net must be laid slack as it does not stretch. A 13m wide net will cover 11m of crop, leaving enough spare net to secure it at the edges and for plant growth.
- Insect Nets are best secured by soil as it creates a complete seal around the edges to exclude insects, but pegs or sandbags can also be used.
- The net can be left on from sowing until harvest and during the winter months.
- It is possible to spray certain treatments through the nets provided the nets are dry.
- Available in four mesh sizes 1.3mm, 0.8mm, 0.6mm & 0.3mm.
- The nets will offer protection from Cabbage Root Fly, Carrot Rust Fly, Flea Beetle, Leaf Miners, Aphids including the Carrot Willow Aphid, White Fly, and Spotted Winged Drosophila.
- Standard widths are 3.65m, 13m and 25m wide.
- Standard lengths are 50m, 100m and 200m rolls.
- Other sizes can be made to order depending on volume.
- Normal lead times are 12 weeks depending on time of year.
- Large amounts need to be ordered at least 3-4 months ahead of the required delivery date.
- Smaller amounts in standard sizes, 13m or 25m wide, can normally be delivered inside 7 days.