Our partners Crop Solutions Ltd. have been the sole UK Distributor for Fiberweb Fleece since 2008
- Fleece is mainly used to control temperatures in early crop production.
- There is a substantial difference in the micro climate created between a cheap fleece and a quality fleece. Covertan® has much higher values for air and water permeability and has improved light transmission.
- Covertan® should last 1-2 seasons and it has the strongest and most reliable joins currently on the market.
- It must be laid tight like a bed sheet as it is designed to stretch as the crop grows. It has over 30% stretch.
- If laid loose it can flap and may damage the emerging crop.
- Fleece is best secured by using soil or sandbags.
- It is normal practice for growers to spray both herbicides and fungicides through Covertan® but the fleece must be completely dry for it to work effectively.
- Covertan® & Novagryl® over 10.5m wide have reinforced edges as standard.
- Available in 17, 19, 22, 30, 40 and 50 gram weights.
- Standard widths are 2.2, 4.5, 6.6, 8.5, 10.5, 12.25, 12.75, 13.6, 16, 17.4, 23.25m.
- Standard rolls are 250m & 500m long.
- Other widths are sizes can be made to order depending on volume.
- Lead times can vary from 12 weeks dependent on time of year. We carry some stock but for larger amounts it is best to order early.
Fleece was first developed by Fiberweb France in the early ‘80’s to protect fruit & vegetable crops from frost and promote earlier harvest dates.
30 years later Fiberweb are the worldwide market leader in agricultural nonwovens and they still produce their original fleece, Covertan®.